Hi, my name is Erik. I am a computer technician turned computer engineer. I’m passionate about technology and I am excited to focus on creating innovative software solutions to increase productivity and deliver amazing user experiences.
June 2012 December 2016
B.S. Computer Engineering at Universidad Autónoma de Baja California
January 2016 December 2016
Software Developer at Odasoft Software
● Implemented biometric algorithm to recognize vehicle plates from imagery data utilizing C# and OpenALPR, resulting in accuracy of 100% with coherent images in surveillance system.
● Refactored C# and WPF Administration system following MVVM pattern to follow best programming practices resulting in increased readability of source code and improved team efficiency by over 10%.
● Designed collection of generic classes throughout solution to trim repeated code by more than 50% using C#.
● Applied async programming to C# and WPF Administration system which reduced application hangs to 0%.
● Implemented Material Design in XAML to improve UI design and UX of WPF Administration system, resulting in better navigation, control and readability, increasing user productivity by 40%.
● Built C# and WPF Algorithm Manager to control execution of 5 biometric algorithms on surveillance systems, resulting in easy interface for debugging 80% faster.
● Increased WPF Algorithm Manager results by 200% through taking full advantage of client hardware resources by running algorithms simultaneously on their own thread using C#.