I recently graduated from Hackbright Academy where I learned Full Stack Web Development. Within the program I created I created, My Haven, a web app for domestic violence victims who are receiving services from a domestic violence agency. My favorite part of creating the web app was creating my PostgreSQL database schema using SQLAlchemy for database interaction because of this interest I am looking for Backend roles but am open to Full Stack.
Before I learned how to program, I worked as a domestic violence advocate assisting at-risk domestic violence survivors. I majored in Feminist, Gender and Sexuality Studies from Cornell University.
March 2018 May 2018
Software Engineer at Hackbright Academy
August 2012 May 2016
Feminist, Gender and Sexuality Studies at Cornell University
November 2017 January 2018
Legal Assistant at Starr Companies
• Assisted in research, organization and continued maintenance of statutory filing requirements for domestic operations
through maintaining filing requirements charts, calendar and coordinating with counterparts.
• Coordinated regulatory filing submissions, including preparing and completing renewal applications, managing fee
payments, ordering certified documents and filing registration.
• Collaborated with finance, operations, tax and underwriting departments to ensure compliance in connection with quarterly
and annual US regulatory filings.
• Performed online legal research and summarized, edited and produced legal documentation.
September 2017 November 2017
Temporary Global Diversity and Social Responsibility Coordinator at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP
• Organized, executed and provided administrative support for global diversity and social responsibility programs and events
including scheduling meetings, events, managing conference room reservations, catering orders, guest lists, etc.
• Maintained and updated all communications materials on various mediums on an on-going basis including all email
distribution lists, Portal, external website, client surveys, RFP’s and PowerPoint presentations.
• Managed multiple projects including communications and marketing philanthropic sponsorships, diversity training rosters
• Maintained Committee meeting minutes and agendas, travel arrangements, reimbursements and invoicing for the Global
Diversity & Social Responsibility team.
• Served as a collaborative member of the Attorney Programs and Resources team liaising with Legal Personnel, Legal
Recruiting, Practice Management, Professional Development and HR on an on-going basis.
July 2016 August 2017
Legal Advocate-Intimate Violence Enhancement Program (InVEST) at The Haven of RCS
• Reviewed police reports pertaining to intimate partner violence from four county law enforcement agencies, determining
high lethality cases.
• Made contact and assisted domestic violence survivors with safety planning, relocation assistance, service management,
legal advocacy, community resources and confidentiality services.
• Attended court proceedings, providing advocacy for domestic violence survivors who are involved in civil and/or criminal
• Trained law enforcement and other professionals on services provided by The Haven of RCS, the dynamics of domestic
violence, the InVEST Program and high lethality risk factors.
• Served as a consultant to law enforcement departments/officers, developing protocol and procedures as needed.
August 2014 May 2015
Intern at Avon Global Center for Women and Justice at Cornell Law School
• Created and implemented communication strategies on issues relating to violence against women and women’s access to
• Assisted the Center with various press and advocacy responsibilities, along with expanding the Center’s online presence.
• Assisted with organizing community events and public education campaigns on gender justice.
• Monitored activist and sister organization websites and press coverage on women’s rights related issues.