When I am not hiking and making igloos in Yosemite you can find me innovating with others, cultivating deep relationships and solving complex engineering problems.
I am driven by a deep enthusiasm for visualizing data and the relationships therein. In a world where data is abundantly produced and consumed seeing patterns in complexity has important ramifications in every field of society.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Front End Developers
- Git GitHub
- HTML 5
- Ruby on Rails
January 2018 April 2018
Fullstack Web Development at General Assembly
* Worked in small teams
* Used Git and Github for version control
* Hackathon: small group work, used mockups and wireframes to develop the front-end and back-end
Project: My Tasks Today
This is a React.js application that allows the user to create a list of tasks. The list is editable. The app makes API calls to get and store tasks.
* RESTful API to get user data with full CRUD capabilities
* Semantic.js for UI display
Project: codeInsight (https://codeinsight.herokuapp.com/)
What if you could get insights into the code you have written. Or perhaps you want to see trends across languages.
That is how this project was born, with the idea of visualizing one’s own data. It can lead to insights about coding patterns and language usage.
* Formulate purpose of app
* Whiteboard basic concept
* Use Sketch for wireframing
* Do basic usability testing
* Node.js/MongoDb/Express for the back-end
* Github OAuth
* RESTful API to get user data
* D3.js for interactive display of data
Developed full-stack Node/Express/Mongoose/React.js application with Passport for login
* Created models/schema
* Incorporated fetch API
* Helped develop CRUD capabilities
Developed full-stack Ruby on Rails application with user authentication (small-group work, paired programming)
* Created AJAX call to Eventbrite API
* Developed REST and HTTP protocols
December 2015 November 2016
Front End Nanodegree at Udacity
Front-End Web Development, with a focus on building beautiful, responsive websites optimized for mobile and desktop performance.
Critical Rendering Path
Targeted Page Speed
Web Developer at Self employed
Software Engineer Responsibilities:
– Create scaleable, automated solutions
– Develop apps and UIs using mockups and client specs.
– Utilize Git for version control.
– Create responsive web technologies.
– Team player attitude with a willingness to lead when necessary
Hands-on experience with React, D3, Node, Express, Mongo
Online portfolio: https://juancarlucci.github.io/react-portfolio/