## Summary ##
## Projects I’ve worked on ##
Most recently, I worked at Mark43, building the front-end UI for our records management system. I built Admin Pages in **React** and **Redux** and **Elasticsearch** to support text and advanced filtering for User and Roles Dashboards. I also created new features such as Active user Assignments, report non-disclosures for record privacy, and a mugshot lineup UI reduce police officers’ search times by 80-90%.
Previously, I worked with a team of engineers in LiveAPI, an open-source project that creates an API for any website’s data. This end-to-end solution solves engineers from building custom web crawlers for each public dataset needed to be extracted. LiveAPI leverages a user-deployable server to programmatically create endpoints from a Chrome extension-based UI. It detects user actions with a custom algorithm that traverses the DOM from child to ancestor and stores data in a NoSQL-based cache to improve efficiency by 75%.
At Breakaway Practice, I worked on a geospatial software for pinpointing underserved areas in the US to build our next dental practices. I created a data extraction tool with PhantomJS to get practice geolocations from Healthgrades with DOM scripts, which were ultimately used to calculate the dental practice saturation in a given area.
## A little about me ##
I enjoy working on projects that solve frustrating problems, giving people some time back in their day. When I’m not coding, I’m curled up on a sofa reading a book, exploring new restaurants in the city, or volunteering at America Needs You – a non-profit providing career guidance for first-generation college graduates.
## What I’m looking for next ##
I’m looking for a company that is going through high-growth, has a strong engineering team, and stands firmly behind its culture. Passion is contagious, so I’m excited to enjoy a team passionate about the product they’re building, candid about feedback and growth, solving challenging problems.
September 2011 May 2015
BS in Biology at University of Pittsburgh
January 2018 June 2018
Software Engineer at Mark43
• Built Admin Pages with React, Redux, Recompose, React Router, React Redux Forms and Elastic Search to support text and advanced filtering for Users and Roles dashboards.
• Developed User Assignments and Active Offense Code features with React, Recompose and Styled Components to reduce user lookup time by 80%.
• Collaborated on Mugshot Line user interface, using React, Redux, Recompose and Styled Components to save officers 90% of time from manually configuring mugshots in Word.
• Created report non-disclosures on Reports and PDF Exports with Knockout and Mustache to improve privacy for persons on reports.
June 2017 December 2017
Software Engineer at LiveAPI
• Developed recursive DOM traversal algorithm for performant selection of elements, shortening absolute path by 3X.
• Automated installation of dependencies, Webpack build, and start of LiveAPI server with Bash script, reducing server deployment time by more than 85%.
June 2015 May 2017
Director of Business Intelligence at Breakaway Practice
• Minimized reporting time by over 95% through creating a suite of real-time dashboards for service metrics and customer usage using SQL and PowerBI.
• Designed database schema for internal production tracking software with SQL, implementing primary and foreign key constraints to improve query performance by 100%.
• Created sales pipeline and prospect migration tool for Salesforce with VBA to develop email marketing campaigns, which grew internal marketing agency’s revenue by $2M the following year.
• Increased revenue by over $500K on annualized basis through developing workforce optimization calculator in SQL and Erlang C model to effectively predict call center staffing levels.